Week 8 brought with it so many new things! First, lets start with food. I don't think I have mentioned that I have had this horrible and annoying upper respiratory funk for the last couple of weeks. It started with a dry, hacking cough and moved to my sinuses, and then just left me with an overall din of fatigue and exhaustion and scratchy throat. All the while, none of it was a show-stopper (except that one day when Henry watched Thomas and Friends 40 times in a row and I couldn't peel myself off of the couch longer than it took to change a diaper or peel a banana). So mostly, we just partied through it like we do. When I am sick like that, I crave sushi and curry like there is no tomorrow. Thus, I tried 2 new foods this week: curried kale chips and curried tofu salad with pineapple, dried cranberries and cashews. Both were amazing, so stay tuned for the post where I try to recreate them (and post recipes).
My Lover was working like crazy again this week, but we did manage to squeeze in an actual, romantical sushi date at On The Rocks in La Jolla (across the street from our first date at a coffee shop called The Living Room). While dating my husband is not new, it is still exciting because it is rare, and he's still the only person I ever want to go on a romantical date with.
And speaking of dates, Henry and I had our first ever momma-son coffee date! Now you have to realize that this boy has been a runner since the moment he figured out how to walk. He hates hand-holding when it is needed (unless he's sitting by me on the couch or on the beach). Hand-holding = screaming bloody murder every time. The stroller has been our friend in public places, and we don't participate in activities near traffic or streets or steep ravines or malls, etc. without either having him in the stroller or carrying him. He is also a big, heavy boy, so carrying him has become pretty challenging. Then came the refusal to sit in the stroller :) We had been practicing walking next to momma on the hiking trails and on the sidewalk for a couple of months now...Fast-forward to trying it out in public places here in San Diego, and he now walks next to momma the whole way AND stays by me (as long as he can say "hi" to everyone in the coffee shop while I am ordering)!!! A Christmas miracle!!! Just one of those little things to most people, but pure happiness for me! yay. I am very good with this, even though it means my buddy is growing up very fast. My little Love...
Other new things for Week 8:
- Got and began studying for Praxis II exam in July (middle grade science...also surprised myself by doing well on the physics and solar system questions). Very exciting!
- New sushi place - Yummy Sushi off of Carmel Mt Road...5/5 stars from this sushi connoisseur! Plus extra credit for having 2 saltwater tanks in the middle of the restaurant.
- Sweet potato kale salad from Jimbo's in Rancho Bernardo.
- Beta-glucan and Symbiotics colostrum-pineapple chewables for rebuilding my immune system (suggested by Sister-in-law, Shana).
- Began and almost finished new crochet project for Sister-in-law Jenn's MOPS group auction.
K sounds a lot like H :) He doesn't like to be contained- free spirit- must run! Today we had a small victory, too. I had to go to the grocery store alone with both kids and there were no carts in the parking lot. I told K to hold on to the door and not to let go as I got A out of the car. I was so proud when he walked by my side the entire way to the entrance without any major hiccups.
ReplyDeleteHa! I thought that a while back when you talked about K leaning forward and hurting your hands, before he could walk :) holding onto the car - great idea :) still nerve wracking but I like it...
ReplyDelete