Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11: Marshmallows on the Potty and a New Running Partner

What's new for Week 11? What? Where? How am I supposed to keep track of the weeks when I don't even know what day of the week it is? Well, friends, that is what happens when you spend 85% of your time in the bathroom and/or talking about the bathroom and/or making the bathroom the place to be. We have books...stacks and stacks of glorious books. We have marshmallows for a successful potty, and we have the portable DVD player, complete with Blues Clues and stacks of clean undies. Who wouldn't want to hang out in this bathroom, I ask you? Is it working? Well, kind of. I have noticed he is dry a lot more when I go to check him, and he seems to like going in there. My gut tells me he may be on the early end of the spectrum for all of this right now because he doesn't always wake up dry, but we have time, and he is willing, so we're headed down the path at least. 

Other new things for Week 11:
  • A new running partner! I prefer to run solo 99% of the time, but my friend, Meghan and I went for a short running date together early on in the week. We did good! That particular day, I don't think I would have run had we not been meeting. It was cold, rainy, windy, and it was my first real run after being sick for so long. I would have bagged that run for a mug of hot tea and building Duplo houses in a heartbeat. And thus, the reason we need running partners from time to time. I think M will be a good running partner because she has that quality about her where she will try anything, and she's fun. The thing with Meghan is that she is built like a super model, so one of her legs literally comes up to my head, and one of her steps is 3 of my hobbit steps :) 
  • First lot box of used children's books from eBay: $6 for 30 awesome books!!! So fantastic.
  • Memory! Remember that game? Henry and I have been playing it a while now, and he finally gets what a match is. Super cute, and probably my favorite game besides I-Spy. Kid games are so fun! 
  • Henry's first chest cold: Terrifying experience, in general, and yes, I woke up every 2 hours for 3 days straight to check on his breathing. And yes, he's getting better. And yes, I am beyond tired and beyond thankful for my healthy little chubby-cheeked boy. Words will never express my gratitude for his health or for the listening ears of family and friends who kept me sane this week.

2 comments:

  1. Are you cheating on me with another running partner named Meghan??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny :) But mark my words, there will soon come a time when you realize you can walk as fast as I am running, haha! By the way, every time I almost bit it while running around the wetlands, I thought of Sean. I was determined not to sprain my ankle :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! What will you try this week?