Keeping it short and sweet this week.
Plenty of Week 45 Newness to report, hailing from the great Pacific Northwest,
of which I am not ready to leave...
- New local tea shop: Ruby Sue's Tea Shop (La Connor, WA) on a momma-daughter date with my Momma! Cute, local tea shoppe with a legitimate variety of really nice teas (which they seemed really knowledgeable of), rather than posing as a tea shop and mostly selling over-priced, kitschy gift shop items like many do.
- New Beer: Interurban IPA (Fremont Brewing Co). Shared a big bottle of this with my little brother to celebrate the arrival of his first baby and his amazing construction work on the restoration of his old house, just in time :) His sweet little baby, #7 of the nephews-only clan, has some of the longest fingers on a baby that I have ever seen, and he is already a self-soother and a seemingly patient little fellow, much like his mom and dad. Oh yeah, and the beer - Well, I am not much for IPAs because all I can taste is a bottle of perfume, but this one was well-received, sipped while watching a sleeping baby. Next time I have an IPA, I have decided there must also be a sleeping baby in the room.
- Old movies (with my Dad, of course): Stagecoach and Sargent York. Loved them both, especially Sargent York, which is a true and very sweet story of a hero who never had any intention of fulfilling such roles. Beautiful story.
- New book - The Hit by David Baldacci: Gratuitous grocery store thriller of 2 snipers trying to outsmart each other and therefore kill each other. Entertaining...not necessarily award-winning literature, but the perfect book for 20 minute specks of reading time throughout the day :)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome! What will you try this week?